Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani Nadvi
Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani Nadvi was born on October 1, 1929 at Takia Kalan, Raebareli in the family of Syed Rasheed Ahmad Hasani and Ummatul Azeez. Mohtarmah Ummatul Azeez was sister of Maulana Syed Abul Ahasan Ali Nadvi alias Ali Mian Nadvi. He completed his primary education from his family maktab at Raebareli, Passed Fazilat from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow in 1958. He spend year 1957 at Darul Uloom, Deoband for one year and the year 1950-51 in Hijaz in for education and Dawah.
Hazrat Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani is a noted scholar. He is nephew of former President Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi @ Ali Mian (Rahamatullah Aley). He was appointed as assistant teacher at Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema after completing studies in 1949. He remained at Hijaz (K.S.A.) I from 1950-1951 for further studies and research. In 1952 he was appointed Assistant Professor at Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow. He was appointed the Head of Arabic Department at Nadwa in 1955. He was appointed the Dean, Faculty of Arabic of Nadwa in 1970. He was conferred award by Indian Council Uttar Pradesh for his contribution in the field of Arabic language. He was also conferred Presidential Award for his contribution in the field of Arabic language in the same year. In 1993 he was appointed Muhtamim (Vice Chancellor) of Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema. In 1999 he was appointed Naib Nazim (Chancellor) of the Nadwa and in 2000, after death of Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (Rahamatullah Aley); he was elected as Nazim (Rector) of Nadwa. He was unanimously elected as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board in June 2002 at Hyderabad after death of earlier President Hazrat Maulana Qazi Mujahidul Islam Qasmi (Rahamatullah Aley).
He has travelled to Japan, Morocco, Malaysia, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Uzbekistan, Turkey, South Africa and many other Arab, European and African countries. He has published 15 books in Arabic and 12 books in Urdu besides having many unpublished works. He is acclaimed for his scholarship. At present he is President of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board from 23rd June, 2002. He hold several positions in different organisations;
* Vice President of the Aalami Rabita Adab-e-Islami, Riyadh (K.S.A.)
* President, Majlis-e-Tehqiqat-o-Nashariyat Islam, Lucknow
* President, Majlis-e-Sahafat-o-Nashariyat, Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow
* President, Deeni Taleemi Council, Uttar Pradesh
* President, Dar-e-Arfat, Raebareli
* Founder Member, Rabita Aalam-e-Islami, Makka Mukarrmah
* Member, Darul Musannffin, Azamgarh
* Trustee, Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies, Oxford University, U.K.
* Patron, Payam-e-Insaniyat
* Patron, Islamic Fiqh Academy (India)
* President, All India Muslim Personal Law Board and Patron of many other organisations
* During the Presidency of Hazrat Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani one convention of the Board has been organised at Munger.
* During the Presidency of Hazrat Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani 3 meetings of Executive Committee have been held.